Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
So this week is a freebie! YAYYYYY! Actually I didn’t really know what to do because I have trouble coming up with these types of things. But I love cover art so I figured this one would be a fun one. Get PUMPED.
1. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill: Absolutely love this cover. The book is just as good which makes it even better. EVERYTHING IS SO CUTE. STOP.
2. Blood Red Road by Moira Young: Such a good dystopian that has a cover that actually relates to the plot a little. It slightly helps to provide an image while you’re reading, which is fun? Maybe? It is for me at least.
3. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: UGGH I definitely picked up this book because I liked the cover and it was probably one of the best decisions I made. I was like ooh looks cute and turns out it was so hey this is a win-win situation.
4. Want by Stephanie Lawton: So here’s the deal. Same thing happened here where I picked up this one because I liked the cover, but the book was not as good as the cover. Highly disappointing, but I still like to look at the cover because why not.
5. Champion by Marie Lu: This is probably only on here because it was such an improvement from the first two covers of the Legend series books. I mean, the Legend and Prodigy covers were fine, but this one was really good.
6. 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger: I just love this cover. The patterns and colors are so cool that I don’t really know what to do. It’s like kind of trippy, but not really (not at all don’t listen to me). Check out my review here.
7. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: This book was honestly horrible. However, putting that aside, I really want that dress.
8. Black City by Elizabeth Richards: Bonus points for having a rose exploding on your cover. Like obviously this is going to be good. Black City was actually a little bit of let down, but it was still a decent book.
9. Audacious by Gabrielle Prendergast: Simple but good. I think reading the book makes the cover even better.
10. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfruend: EVERYTHING ON THIS COVER IS GORGEOUS. 100% NAILED IT. FONTS, COLORS, MODELS, BACKGROUND, THE WHOLE SHABANG.
There you have it! I hope everyone has had a great Tuesday.
Question of the day: Be honest, do you pick a book by its cover?
I totally do, so own it sista.