Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
Hey guys! Happy Tuesday! I’m having a crazy week, but I love Top Ten Tuesday, so I wasn’t about to quit. And the prompt this week is great, so what’s a girl to do? Here we go!
1. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James: Look. I know some people love it. I get it. But really? It’s not even the fact that it is just romance with barely any plot. I read a page for the fun of it and it wasn’t even good writing. Like it’s just not acceptable. Sorry not sorry.
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: This one always surprises people. I’ve never read it and now it’s become one of those challenges like yeah I’m not going to succumb to the pressure of popular culture. And I’ve gotten mixed reviews on the writing, and I saw the movie so I know what happens. I just don’t really care enough.
3. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: I’ve heard great reviews of this one, but I just don’t see myself reading it. I honestly don’t even know why.
4. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: I know I know. I’m crazy. This is another Hunger Games scenario, and I don’t really have any interest in the series.
5. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis: Literally these are all for the same reason.
6. All John Green books: This one is particularly for The Fault in our Stars, but honestly his books are just too mainstream. What can I say, I’m quite the hipster.
7. Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler: I feel like this is pretty self explanatory.
8. First Step 2 Forever by Justin Bieber: Sorry, I really just couldn’t get into this one.
9. Anything written by Charles Dickens: Not to just call out Charles (sorry bro), but this is more of a statement about my feelings towards Victorian literature. This is why SparkNotes was invented.
10. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: This is a little too late. I read the whole series a while ago, and I regret it. They are extremely poorly written books. Do not read.
So I know that this is a little bit of a crazy list. I mean, we go from Narnia to Hitler like what’s going on, sorry about that. Lol, I hope you enjoyed it.
What are your least favorite books or what book will you never read? Let me know in the comments and have a great rest of your Tuesday!